Top Ten Clues You're Clueless
Author: Liz Czukas
Publication Date: December 9th 2014
Publisher: Harper Teen
~A copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review~
Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day
5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market
4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi
3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm
2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)
1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000
Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . . even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments
Top Ten Clues You're Clueless can be summed up in one sentence. 6 Teen employees get accused of stealing the Christmas Charity Fund and have to wait in store until the police get there. It's pretty simple. It's not complicated stuff and the whole story is told within a few hours. There's not a lot going on, and it plays like a heart-warming Christmas film, which is why I'm surprised I liked it so much. I like Christmas as much as the next person, but since Christmas films are on in November all the way up to Christmas and New Year, I want to stab myself in the eye by the 25th, except for Home Alone, I'll watch them every day. Which is why I don't usually read anything festive, not that this is exactly an overly festive book, you can read it at any time and it wouldn't make a difference, since it is set on Christmas Eve, but it's not focused around that.
There's just something about Liz Czukas books that leave me smiling all the way through, relatable characters and situations, realistic characters and situations and something just so normal about the books that make them feel real.
Now, since In the style of Chloe, who likes making lists, here's my Top Ten Reasons you should read Top Ten Clues You're Clueless.
1) Say that ten times fast. It's fun.
2) It's pure entertainment.
3) You can't not smile through it. (I dare you to try.)
4) A sweet, cute romance.
5) Secondary characters you can't help but love.
6) All have separate voices.
7) Racing in a supermarket. (Come on, you can't say you haven't wanted to do that)
8) The slut/manwhore debate. (YES!)
10) Just read it.